Each year we now produce an 'Annual Review' for Friends and Members, which incorporates a summary of our formal Year-end Report, plus what we hope are some interesting highlights of the year in question.
The previous few Annual Reviews can be downloaded here:
Members and Friends are sent these annual reviews as soon as they are produced each summer, and have an opportunity to attend our AGM each October and raise any issues.
Survey of visitors
One of the continuous issues that face the Trustees is the usage of Magog Down by dog walkers.
- 42 visitors were logged (cars) of whom 38 were dog walkers.
- Of the 38 dog walkers, only 12 were Friends or Members of the Trust.
- Of the 38 dog walkers, 36 were regular visitors.
- Of the 38 dog walkers, 30 had 1 dog, seven had 2 dogs and
one had 3 dogs with them.
Analysing these results and extrapolating, we conclude therefore that:
- 70% to 80% of weekday visitors are dog walkers.
- 70% of these walkers are not Friends or Members of the Trust.
The Down is for our and future generations
Read about our guidance for Dog Walkers visiting Magog Down here.
Up until 2011 we produced a twice-yearly Newsletter, and you can still download copies of some of these here:
In 2011 the re-designed website was launched, and so the decision was taken to stop producing these Newsletters, and instead to use this website as the main means of communication for news and articles of interest.
This move away from a regular Newsletter meant that more of the Members' and Friends' subscriptions could be spent directly on the costs of upkeep and husbandry on the Down.